(Lena finally convinced me to start playing the Vampires Live game on the iPhone/iPod Touch. If you’re playing too, invite us at 2RUAHG and AXR4JQ and we’ll join you in your vampirey battles!)
This got brought up a week or two ago, and I liked the idea, so I thought I’d pursue it. The item is Gaming Food, and while we’ve discussed it before, we’ve never swapped recipes, so to speak. I figured I’d start out showing you a few of mine, and you can post your favorites below.
Even if it’s just a bag of Doritos and a bottle of Coke, let us know. What do you eat while gaming?
Homemade Onion Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 medium onion, chopped and caramelized in butter
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Kevin’s Awesome Guacamole
- 4 avocados (Get the small ugly hass avocados. The pretty big green ones taste like water)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them somewhat chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together to gently mix. Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn’t brown and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
If you’re interested in looking at other, regular recipes, check out Angry Martini, Lena’s recipe site.